Crime Scene Do Not Cross Signage

Authorities is a vital and prominent part of the justice administration system that’s accountable for the security of people and property along with investigation of the crimes and helping place the perpetrators behind bars.

In our day to day life, if we are observant enough we see that the police committing certain legit activities but on the other hand there are a couple of actions of the police that raise eyebrows and we’re left wondering if they are acting within the ambit of law or not, however the majority of the times we never care to find out.

The legal actions that a police officer is designated with, is contained under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 and in which the officer goes beyond his/her power, keep reading to find out how you can fight this harassment.

The remedies available to a victim of harassment from the authorities are as follows –

An FIR can be filed by you against the officer in question in any Police Station;

Mostly the Police try to protect their own and refuse to register a complaint/FIR in that case you can send your written complaint to the District Superintendent of Police;

If the above 2 remedies fail, you can go to the Magistrate and receive your complaint registered who will then order the police to register the FIR;

PCA (Police Complaint Authority)

In 2006, the Supreme Court directed to set up a PCA at State as well District level that would investigate into the complaints against police officers either ‘suo-motu’ or on receipt of a complaint filed by the victim or by a friend or family member on the victim’s behalf or any person who witnessed the alleged occurrence.

This setting up of State and District PCA therefore are aimed at making the complaint mechanism easily accessible to all. A state PCA would entertain complaints against the officers of and above the article of the SP whereas District PCAs will entertain complaints against and below the post of the Deputy Superintendent of Police.

The complaint can be made in situations where as the consequence of an act or omission by a police officer there is a departure; or grievous harm; or rape while in police custody, as well as extortion; prohibited land/House possession by a police officer; and any event where there’s a severe misuse of authority by a police officer.

So as to submit a complaint you need to get in touch with the PCA and ask them if they need the complain in any prescribed format, if not then you may file the complaint in any format mentioning your information like your name, address, contact number, etc. as well as all the material particulars of the incident in question such as the date of the incident, detailed account, police officer in question, whether there was any damage to person or property, etc. the criticism can be sent by registered post and may also be submitted personally at the PCA office.

Additional particulars like photographs of injuries can also be connected with the complaint and always be sure you keep a copy of the complaint with yourself.Palm Bay Wildlife Control

Remedies For Police Harassment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *